My last campaign I made a promise to:
“Keep Tampa Moving Forward”.
This campaign, my promise remains the same, if a city stops moving forward, it will not prosper.
Joseph V. Citro
About Councilman Joseph Citro
Chair of the Tampa City Council
Joseph Citro was born in Washington D.C. but has been a proud resident of Tampa since 1974. Mr. Citro had been sworn into office as a Tampa City Council member on May 1, 2019.
Before to being elected office, he served the citizens of Tampa in various positions. During the past 16 years, he served on the Variance Review Board (2012), the Code Enforcement Board as a magistrate (2003), the Civil Service Board (2001), and the Charter Review Commission (2018). In addition, Joseph has been an activist with the Ybor City Development Corporation and the West Tampa Chamber of Commerce. Other Boards include the Ybor City Rotary Club (2008) and President of Club from 2013-14; Tiger Bay Club of Tampa (2007) and as President from 2012-13; member of the Rough Riders (1997); and Meals on Wheels, driver (2008).
Memberships & Associations
- Councilman Citro is the present Chair of the Tampa City Council
- Chair of the City’s Community Redevelopment Area Board twice 2019 and 2021
- Chair of the City of Tampa’s Public Safety Committee.
- Councilman Citro serves on the following Committees and Boards:
- Tampa City Council – Member, District 1
- Tampa City Council Public Safety Committee – Chair
- Tampa of Tampa Community Redevelopment Areas Board – Chair
- Florida League of Cities – Board Member, 10 Largest Cities
- Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization – Member
- Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization Policy Committee – Member
- Livable Roadways Committee – Chair
- Hillsborough River Interlocal Planning Board – Member
- Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area (TMA) Leadership Group – Member
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council – Member
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council Resiliency Coalition – Member
- Courtney Campbell Scenic Highway & Trail Corridor Advisory Committee – Member
- MacDill Installation Resiliency Review Policy Advisory Committee – Member
- Sponsor of the Tampa City Council Clean Energy Resolution no. 2021-603
- Civil Service Board for 2 years – 2001 to 2003 Chair 1 year
- Magistrate of the Code of Enforcement Board 2003 – 2012
- Variance Board 2012
- Charter Review Commission 20
- Ybor City Development Corporation 2013-2019 Chair of the Planning, Infrastructure, and Economic Development Committee
- West Tampa Chamber of Commerce 2013-2019 Vice President
- Rough Riders 1st U.S.V. Inc. Co-Chair Roosevelt Elementary Assembly Committee
- Rotary Club of Ybor City 2008-present, Past President
- Tiger Bay Club of Tampa 2007-present Past President
- Meals on Wheels 2010-2019
- Ybor Museum Society Board of Trustees 2011-2014 Past Chair
- Gift of Life Florida Board of Trustees 2016-2019
Political advertisement pair for and approved by Joseph V. Citro for Tampa City Council, District 1